title : fragment in Koremasa「コレマサフラグメント」

type : construction

location:Koremasa,Fuchu-shi,Tokyo,Japan

program : house

structure : timber frame

site area : 133.61㎡

building area : 53.24㎡

total floor area : 106.48㎡

joint designer :  Reiji Mizobe Architects

         SUPER PIXEL ARCHITECTS STUDIO

construction : M-design

photo : Takumi Ota

start date : 09/2012

completion : 05/2013 

This is the house for young couple and child built near the Tama River, the suburbs of Tokyo. In the neighborhood, houses formed a line along winding road which remind us of former farmer road.Variety appearance of houses which faces various directions and their large gardens make us feel their tolerance.

Building covering ratio in this area is regulated 40% and we considered how design the rest 60% vacant lot. 

Looking at surroundings, there are a lot of household goods around the borderline between neighboring houses. We placed each vacant lot to adapt them and give it character, and we arrange angle of outer wall, material and windows to enclose these vacant lots. Thus we tried to make a place that agrees with surroundings by exaggerating characters of these vacant lots.

Naturally, characters of these vacant lots are drawn into the outlines designed thus. Then we placed furniture and stairs to fill the gap. By controlling how to show the side of these furniture and factor of these lines, we raise independency of each. 

We let include paradox in each finishing of the furniture which cannot explain in one logic. Its inconsistent appearance seems to resemble the scenery which added properly with the changing of this town.

Accepting their lacking of the consistency means it becoming the place which can receive new beginning life and new household goods.  

Just as the site, house and barns descendent from farmer road, so design construction of the space from 60% vacant lot, thus we tried to impersonate tolerance of this town.

 

Extracted from “Shin kenchiku Jutaku Tokushu” issued May, 2015.

東京郊外、多摩川の近くに建つ、若い夫婦と子 供のための住宅である。周囲にはかつての農道 を思わせる曲がりくねった道に従って家が並んで いる。まちまちの角度で振られ外観がバラバラ な建物と、それぞれの家のもつ大きな庭が相俟って街にはさまざまなものを受入れてくれそうな おおらかな雰囲気を感じた。
敷地は建蔽率40%の地域にある。この計画は残りの 60%の空地の与え方を検討することから始めた。 周囲の状況を見渡すと、敷地境界周辺には隣家の 生活感が外に溢れて出ている。それに応答する ように空地の機能を連続させ、その場を囲むよ うに外壁の角度、開口部、仕上げを決めた。このように敷地境界線を越えて空地の性格を 際立たせていくことで、周辺と応答する場をつくろうと考えた。 こうしてできた建物の輪郭の中には自ずと空地の 性格が引き込まれ、それらの 隙間を埋めるように家具や階段などを置いた。 これら家具達は線の要素や面の見え 方をコントロールすることで、個々の独立性を高めている。しかし、それぞれの仕上げや接し方 にはひとつのロジックでは説明できない矛盾を内 包させた。その結果、立ち現れる一貫性をもた ない見え方は、街の変遷と共に適宜追加されて いった風景に似ている。ここで生まれる整合性 のなさを許容することは、これから始まる生活や 生活雑貨を受け入れられるような環境になるも のと考えた。
この街が農道から敷地が決まり、建物が並び、 物置などが置かれていくように、われわれは 60%の空地から空間構成へと派生させていくこ とで、住宅の内外にこの街のおおらかさを体現 することを試みた。
 
※「新建築住宅特集2015年5月号」より一部抜粋編